February 6, 2007
HAI announces that it has now released Version 1.1 for its
Snap-Link Software. This update is recommended for all users.
Of particular significance this new release is Vista compatible and includes the addition
of an "OmniTouch" theme that emulates the look of an OmniTouch Touchscreen.
This theme allows you to turn an Ultra Mobile PC into a wireless Touchscreen.
Other highlights of this release include the following:
Added the ability to trigger alerts on User Button/Macros.
- Modified existing themes to use system button styles.
- Revised most of the command dialogs to make them more Touchscreen compatible.
- Most command dialogs are now persistent and interactive. This means that you can execute multiple commands and see the result without having to close and reopen the dialog.
- Modified all lists, except Alerts and Cameras, so that a single click brings up command dialogs. Previously all lists required a double click.
- Modified the command thread mechanism for significantly improved speed and stability.
- Added support for Vizia RF Z-Wave units and thermostats.
For registered users this software update is free.
When you launch Snap-Link on the Options page (the first page), click
the "Check For Updates..." button and follow the wizard. If you have Snap-Link
automatically connecting at startup, it goes straight to the home page and bypasses
the options page. In this case, just click the "Disconnect" button and you
will go back to the options page.