October 23, 2007
HAI has released version 2.2.17 of its firmware for the OmniTouch 5.7
Touchscreen. This update adds the ability to view video from cameras
connected to an HAI Touchscreen Hub and Video encoder.
HAI highly recommends that all
OmniTouch 5.7 Touchscreens be updated with this firmware.
This firmware update is free to all and is easily done through the
built-in USB connector on the front of the
Touchscreen that is available when you remove the Touchscreen cover.
To update your OmniTouch 5.7 Touchscreen:
- Download the
latest firmware update from the HAI website.
- Copy the file to the root directory on a USB flash drive.
- Plug the thumb drive into the USB Update Port on the OmniTouch 5.7 Touchscreen
- When prompted, press the reset button marked "SW1" on the circuit board
to the right of the LED.
- Upon reboot, the Touchscreen will read the files on the root directory of
the drive and display any applicable update files.
- Select the desired file from the list and then press the “Enter” button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When complete, remove the USB flash drive and then press the reset
After you have updated your firmware you will have to enable video in your Touchscreen for
the video button to appear on your Touchscreen.
To enable video on your OmniTouch 5.7 Touchscreen:
- Press and hold the HAI logo for three seconds. The "Touchscreen Address" page is displayed.
- If the Touchscreen is connected to the HAI Touchscreen Hub with Video Encoder, press
the [up arrow] button to enable video on the Touchscreen.
When Video is enabled, the Video icon will be displayed on the Home page. If it is disabled, the Setup button will be displayed instead.